Microsoft late this afternoon has announced the release of Home windows 10 20H1 construct 19023 to Quick Ring Home windows Insiders. But once more, this construct doesn’t ship on any main new options, however there are some modifications, and an essential experiment with drivers to be aware of.
We’ll begin first with the drivers experiment, which isn’t precisely particular to this construct. In line with Microsoft, the corporate is trying into methods to see how they will ship driver updates by Home windows Replace. Which means that drivers which Home windows characterised as elective won’t be routinely downloaded and put in on Home windows Insider’s PCs working 20H1 Construct 18980 and newer. In line with the corporate:
To put in any new elective drivers accessible for a PC that’s concerned on this experiment (together with drivers for brand spanking new units that may get plugged in to a PC), Insiders can go to Settings > Home windows Replace > Non-obligatory Updates and manually download these drivers. This experiment will probably be working now by November 25th, 2019.
Now, for the precise modifications, enhancements, and fixes delivered on this construct. First off, Microsoft has resolved the problem the place if a construct tried to download and set up earlier than you had accomplished the primary login of a previous set up (comparable to Construct 19013), you’ll expertise a 2-hour window. An essential bug with lag processing enter in full-screen movies has additionally been resolved. Different modifications are beneath.
- We fastened a problem the place the fast motion part within the Motion Heart was barely off-center in the previous couple of builds.
- We fastened a problem that would lead to Cortana’s voice activation setting switching from on again to off after explorer.exe restarted, or for those who rebooted your PC.
- Only a reminder for Insiders, that as of the earlier flight, based mostly on suggestions, we’ve determined to take away the downloads folder from Disk Cleanup. If you happen to appreciated having this feature, it’s nonetheless accessible through Storage Settings.
Lastly, for the listing of recognized points. There’s a key drawback the place Sandbox and WDAG received’t work. Microsoft recommends so that you can pause updates for those who’re involved about this. Moreover, the identical incompatibility concern with sure video games utilizing BattlEye anti-cheat software program continues to be persisting. Different recognized points are beneath.
- We’ve heard that Settings nonetheless isn’t accessible exterior of launching through the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after efficiently putting in printer drivers from the Non-obligatory Updates part, the identical driver continues to be displaying as accessible for set up. We’re trying into the problem.
- We’re investigating experiences that sure fingerprint readers are not working as of Construct 19013. If you happen to’re impacted, for now you’ll must log in with a password as an alternative–admire your endurance.
As we proceed to see smaller and smaller Home windows 10 20H1 builds, it’d look as if the replace is getting nearer to being finalized. Beforehand, it was rumored that the replace may go RTM this December. Microsoft is just coming off the launch of the Home windows 10 November 2019 Replace, so this shouldn’t be stunning.