After its major redesign in November and its following update in December, the iOS Microsoft Distant Desktop app has up to date but once more, for the primary time this 12 months, with one other vital replace loaded with new options and enhancements.
Whereas there’s so much occurring with this new replace, the more-noteworthy components embrace the added help for RDP information and URIs connections, the addition of collapsible workspace headers and hyperlinks to supported gadgets, and the elimination of a force-touch gesture within the Mouse Pointer mode.
Right here’s the official launch notes with the entire adjustments:
It’s 2020 and time for our first launch of the 12 months with new options and bug fixes. Right here’s what’s included on this replace:
- Help for launching connections from RDP information and RDP URIs.
- Workspace headers at the moment are collapsible.
- Concurrent zoom and pan is now supported in Mouse Pointer mode.
- A press-and-hold gesture in Mouse Pointer mode will now set off a right-click within the distant session.
- The force-touch gesture for right-click in Mouse Pointer mode has been eliminated.
- The in-session switcher display screen now helps disconnecting, even when no apps are linked.
- Mild dismiss is now supported within the in-session switcher display screen.
- PCs and apps are not mechanically reordered within the in-session switcher display screen.
- The hit check space for the PC thumbnail view ellipses menu has been enlarged.
- The Enter Units settings web page now incorporates a link to supported gadgets.
- Mounted a bug that brought on the Bluetooth permissions UI to repeatedly seem at launch for some customers.
- Mounted crashes that have been exhibiting up in error reporting.
We’re dedicated to creating this app the perfect Distant Desktop shopper for iOS and worth your suggestions. For those who encounter any errors, you’ll be able to contact us by way of Settings > Report an Difficulty.
Have you ever been impressed with the brand new route the Microsoft Distant Desktop has taken in current months on iOS or do you like the older model? Share your ideas with the neighborhood within the feedback under after which follow us on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for more Microsoft news.